Saturday, August 28, 2010

Influence Map

Even though it was fun, I was a bit frustrated making this map. There are so many artists and groups and things beyond art that factor into what I really love and what pushes me. Especially at work. So much of who I am as a person and an artist is formed by the people who surround me day to day and night to night, they are the ones who inspire me the most, teach me, bring me peace, and being me joy.

In the end I decided to group my strongest influences presently and the strongest influences of the past, moving generally from older to newer. Damn, there is so much I left out it's not even funny. It is interesting to see that 2D is so predominant, even though I'm a sculptor by trade.



I can't believe Godzilla didn't make it in... ;_;

No comments: