Sunday, May 8, 2011

Amiskwia plush creature

Matt's been getting me pumped about the Burgess Shale fossils. We have PLANS! Well, vague plans... Which will lead to ridiculousness.

In the meantime, I made a first pass at a plush Amiskwia sewing pattern. The photo gallery shows the whole process from concept to finish. :( My sewing machine "broke" just before I attached it's tail and whiskers, so they are crudely stuck on there. I'm sewing machine retarded and gave up trying to solve the problem pretty fast.

I used felt to make this creature and that was not wise. He's kinda stiff and the fabric didn't expand like I was planning, so he is a skinny little thing. Poor starving Amiskwia!

1 comment:

Casey G. said...

cool. I want to get into making my critters plush, but I have the same problem. My sewing machine broke and I am clueless as to fixing it and I think it's just a broken needle.

I applaud your work, even if he needs to eat some.